Activities around wine
For active persons, Baden offers a varied combination of movement and delight. For instance, you can explore the country with its fascinating panorama by bike or on foot, and taste the grapes directly harvested from the vine. Or would you like to learn more about the vines, the soils, and the climate? Then you should take the chance and participate in an exclusive guided tour or a wine tasting in a wine cellar. Many wine estates and vintners’ cooperatives organize events like these several times a year. And if you like it a bit more hilarious you will certainly feel well along the Badische Weinstraße.
For nature lovers we recommend the unique countryside and the varied living environment at the Kaiserstuhl. Due to the Mediterranean climate, you will find rare kinds of animals and plants, such as the praying mantis, the bee-eater, or wild orchids – if you are lucky. Make a detour and visit the golden wine countryside of Ortenau, go sailing in Lake Constance – or what about a nice bike tour through the beautiful Markgräflerland? No matter what you choose: You will experience Baden with all your senses!
More information about hiking tours and bike tours:
- The Ortenau Wine Path
- Bike Routes around Lake Constance
- Liebliches Taubertal („Charming Tauber Valley“) bike route in Tauberfranken
- Bike tours in the Breisgau region and in the Hochschwarzwald
- Registered Kaiserstuhl-Tuniberg Tourism Association
- Registered Kraichgau-Stromberg Tourism Association
- Markgräfler Land
- Hiking in the southern Black Forest nature preserve
- Bergstraße Registered Tourist Service Association
- General German Bicycle Club Baden-Württemberg Registered Association
- Wine biking – travelling by bike
- Badische Weinstraße